/* */


VCU’s Student Code of Conduct Policy stipulates that the term “student” includes all persons taking courses through VCU, either full-time or part-time, online or in-person, single or dual enrolled, pursuing undergraduate, graduate or professional studies.

Students who have a complaint related to an online course or online program should follow the student complaint resolution processes located in the VCU Policy Library and on the policies page of the Division of Student Affairs. For complaints against the university or its officials that remain unresolved after following all applicable university processes, students may contact the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) at (804) 371-2285 or complete the student complaint form. SCHEV retains oversight to coordinate the resolution of complaints from students enrolled under the auspices of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA).



VCU participates in SARA through the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV). If an out-of-state student’s complaint cannot be resolved internally at VCU, and if the student resides in a SARA member state, the student may also file a complaint to SCHEV per the previous paragraph above.

Students residing outside of Virginia in non-SARA member states may file a formal complaint with their home state authorizing agency after exhausting internal avenues by using the links below: